SYNFOTECH - CLARINET BARRELS, BELLS AND MOUTHPIECES
Synfotech applies the technology of fiber composite to the music, with surprising results, and new forms of design applied to musical instruments.
In music, and in particular on wind instruments, the use of composite materials is rare. The complexity of the search for the best fiber, the construction of special molds and finding the best shape it has curbed the use. Synfotech managed with careful experimentation lasted many months, to find the right combination to get a surprising result, never achieved before.
- greater ease of sound
- better match dynamic
- homogeneity of timbre in the various registers
- best Intonation
- each product is handcrafted using molds
- expansion near zero to varying temperatures
- less weight
- shock resistance
We recommend the Gonzalez Reeds:
- Classic: Designed for classical music, and for the musician to quickly adapt to it. Is a cut that has been used by most manufacturers, but adding to that the typical quality of selection and control in Gonzalez manufacturing. They have typical filed of French reeds.
- RC: They were designed for those clarinetists look-ing for a slightly bright sound, whether in classical or popular music. They adapt easily to the majority of the exist-ent mouthpieces, being able to consider it a universal cane. Its shallow shoulders have a closed half moon shape. This helps to maintain the tuning despite being an extremely flexible and spontaneous cane.
- GD: They owe their name to the union of the Gonzalez and Davolos families, current owners of the company. Designed for great soloists who look for a higher and deeper sound. This is the result of a thicker blank, a larger diameter material than the standard clarinet reeds, a longer scraping area and more wood in the heel. Therefore is a more vibrant and lasting reed. It has a filed cut.
- FOF: American cut, long and elastic scraping. Its pronounced conicity leaves the tip more free to vibrate, due to this it is necessary to take into account its centering when placing it.
The scraping is characterized by having a heart thicker than a classic reed. This is compensated for by being very pronounced in the shoulder area, which frees it in vibration, achieving an excellent balance between very deep treble and bass.
- Classic: Designed for the musician to quickly adapt to them, it is a cut that has been used by most manufacturers, but adding to this the typical quality of selection and control in manufacturing that characterize Gonzalez Reeds. They have the typical filed of the French canes.
- RC: The scraping is in the most vibrant area of the cane and allows a very bright sound. His shallow shoulders draw a more closed half moon. This contributes to maintain the tuning in spite of being an extremely flexible and spontaneous reed.
- Jazz Local 627: Conceived as a reed for this musical genre from the crop itself, the raw material used comes from plantations that have particular natural attributes, to which specific techniques are applied that achieve a more elastic and vibrant cane, characteristics that are accentuated by the type of cut. It is something that the musician will notice immediately. They have a longer scraping area, which gives them a brighter sound and a quick response.